August. The summer is nearly over. Kids are going back to school. You now have some time on your hands. Okay, you still have a list of chores a mile long, but let's put writing at the top of the priority list, okay?
I am going to challenge you with a writing prompt every day this month. Are you up for it? I hope so.
The writing challenges will be about a variety of topics and hopefully cause you to dig into your writing toolbox to complete with emotional skill.
Watch out, I just might throw in a fun one, well, just for fun!
For the fourteenth challenge we're going to dig into your past:
Here is your challenge:
Start your sentence with "It was a ..."
Now, pick a number between 1 and 10 and write it down so you don't forget it.
Look below at the list and find your number. This is the time of your life through which you will dig to find a story.
- While you were still in the womb (based on what family members have told you.)
- After your birth, but before your own memories kicked in (as told to you by family)
- When you were four years old.
- When you were five years old.
- When you were six years old.
- When you were seven years old.
- When you were eight years old.
- When you were nine years old.
- When you were ten years old.
- When you were eleven years old.
Now, write for ten minutes.
Try to find a story that sparks your interest and excitement.
TIP: Tell your story exactly as it happened, or use it as the basis for a piece of semi-autobiographical fiction.
Have fun with this challenge. It might even start some memory walks among other members of your family.